I use this lemony, garlic tahini sauce on everything! Use this quick and simple sauce as a dressing for salads, a sauce for veggies and meats, a spread for sandwiches and pitas or serve it as a dip.
- 1/3 cup 80 ml well-stirred tahini
- 1 clove garlic minced very finely into a paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 to 6 tablespoons lukewarm water
- Pinch cumin optional
- Pinch cayenne optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley optional
- Whisk tahini, garlic paste, lemon juice, olive oil and the salt in a bowl until combined — the mixture will thicken, don’t worry about this.
- Add the water, a tablespoon at a time and whisking well after each addition until desired consistency. If making a spread, look for the consistency of peanut butter. If making a sauce, add enough water until the consistency of runny yogurt.
- Stir in the optional cumin, cayenne pepper and parsley. Taste for seasoning and adjust with additional salt or lemon juice. Store covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!