Szechuan Dipping Sauce
This is an easy to make a sauce that is great to dip chicken wings or shrimp into. Serve it as a dip or submerge the chicken wings, fried fish or shrimp into it after they cook and are still hot. This sauce also works on other foods like meatloaf, tempura, and salads.
- 6-20 cloves minced garlic
- 5-10 tablespoons Minced Ginger to taste
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar Maruchan Brand is best
- 3/4 cup Plum Sake
- 1 cup Asian Plum Sauce
- 1 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce To Taste
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds toasted and warmed in a skillet
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce To Taste
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions optional
- Add the other ingredients by starting the plum and Hoisin sauces. Stir and add the vinegar and oil. Then taste for flavors and add the spicy Sriracha and taste again till you know its right! Once done, you can drink the leftover Sake.
- Let sit for 10 minutes or place in a refrigerator to enhance flavor. This will last a couple of weeks in your refrigerator.
A lot of the flavor comes from the garlic and ginger. Usually the more the better but experiment to get the flavors you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!