Roasted Cauliflower and Chicken Paillard
with Caper Vinaigrette...
- baking sheet
- 1 2- pound cauliflower cut from top to bottom, including core, into 3/4-inch-thick slices, like cross-sections
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons capers drained, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 4 6- ounce boneless skinless chicken breast halves, tenderloin removed
- 1/4 cup chopped basil or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F with racks in upper and lower thirds.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon, capers, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, in a small bowl, then whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Put chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with flat side of a meat pounder until about 1/4-inch thick.
- Oil another four sides baking sheet with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Turn chicken paillards in oil and season with about 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper total. When cauliflower is almost tender (after about 20 minutes), put chicken in bottom third of oven and bake until just cooked through, about 8 minutes, and cauliflower is golden on edges.
- Arrange chicken over cauliflower, stir basil or parsley into vinaigrette and spoon over chicken.
Variations: Try the same vinaigrette with white wine vinegar and dill instead of lemon and basil or parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!