Pan-Roasted Corn with Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 ears Corn on the cob or bag of frozen
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil like grapeseed or corn
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sliced red onion or shallots
- 1 teaspoon Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 leaves Chopped fresh basil garnish
- 1 clove minced garlic optional
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- Use a knife to strip the kernels from the corn. It’s easiest if you stand the corn up in a shallow bowl and just cut down the length of each ear as many times as is necessary; you’ll quickly get the hang of it.
- Put the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When hot, add the corn, tomatoes, and onions, shallot and garlic (if using); let sit for a moment. As the corn browns, shake the pan to distribute it so each kernel is deeply browned on at least one surface.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then stir in the basil and add feta (if using); serve hot or at room temperature.
Experiment with different vegetables
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!