Garlic-Paprika Strip Steaks
A rustic dish perfect for spring nights. Sirloin strip steaks are seasoned with garlic, paprika, and oregano spice blend and pan-seared to a juicy finish. They’re served atop cauliflower “rice” studded with kale and sun-dried tomatoes, then drizzled with lemon-herb dressing. Roasted radishes and red onion complete the meal.
- 2 5 oz Sirloin strip steaks
- 2 tsp Garlic paprika oregano spice blend or Spicewall Garlic Blend
- 2 cups Cauliflower “rice”
- 2 ¾ oz Lacinato kale
- ¼ oz Sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup Lemon-herb dressing
- 2 oz Radishes
- 1 medium Red onion
- PREP TOMATOES Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with water. Let soak for 5-10 minutes, or until softened. Roughly chop tomatoes (discard soaking water).
- PREP VEGGIES Trim ends off radishes and cut in half. Lay flat and cut into about ½-inch thick half-moons. Cut ends off the red onion and discard peel. Halve lengthwise. Lay one-half flat and cut lengthwise into about ½-inch thick strips (reserve remaining half for another use). Remove center stems from Lacinato kale. Slice stems into about ¼-inch pieces. Roughly chop leaves into bite-size pieces.
- SEASON & ROAST VEGGIES Place radishes and onion on a lightly oiled foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Transfer baking sheet to oven. Roast 8-10 minutes, or until veggies are tender, stirring halfway through.
- SEASON STEAKS Pat sirloin strip steaks dry with a paper towel. Place steaks in a large bowl. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Season with garlic, paprika, and oregano spice blend or Spicewalla, salt, and pepper. Rub to evenly coat.
- COOK STEAKS Heat about 1 ½ tablespoon cooking oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add steaks.* Sear 3-5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked (or to the desired doneness). (Steaks are fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.) Transfer steaks to cutting board. Rest at least 3 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: To get a good sear on the steaks, make sure the pan is hot and the oil shimmers before adding the steaks to the pan.
- COOK CAULIFLOWER Heat about 1 ½ tablespoon cooking oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add kale stems and tomatoes to a hot pan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until kale stems begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Add cauliflower “rice” and 2-3 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally. Add kale leaves. Stir to combine. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until kale leaves are just wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Drizzle with lemon-herb dressing to taste. Stir to coat.
- PLATE YOUR DISH Cut steaks across the grain into 5-7 slices each. Divide cauliflower “rice” with kale and sun-dried tomatoes between plates. Fan garlic-paprika strip steaks over top. Serve roasted radishes and onion over steak. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!