Foil Steamed Spicy Ginger Soy Cod & Bok ChoyShared by:
This recipe has made it to the "TOP" of all my fish recipes. It's steamed in aluminum foil and cooked in the oven. I can't begin to explain how delicious this is. All I can say is that you must add this to your bucket list.
- FOR THE FISH YOU WILL NEED
- 2 4-6 oz cod fillets or Mahi-Mahi
- 1 bok choy cut of leave and stems
- 1 1/2 in ginger cut match sticks
- 1 lemon Zest
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 pieces aluminum foil 6" x 6"
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 in Ginger chopped
- 1 tsp thin soy sauce
- 3-4 in scallions tops cutmathsticks, green
- 2 Tbsp mirin or dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce to taste
- 1 dash Shiracha to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 355 degrees. Place some bok choy on a piece of foil and add fillet. Drizzle cod fillet with sesame oil, top with lemon zest and some ginger. Fold the long edges of foil together; make thin folds to seal. Fold outer short edges a few times inward to seal. This will make a pouch. Repeat for each piece of cod
- 3. Place foil packets on cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Fish should be nice and flaky
- 4. Sauce ingredients- Add 1/2 sesame oil to a hot skillet. Saute ginger for about a minute until oil in fragrant. Add Mirin and simmer for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 1 minute or so. Add 2nd part of sesame oil, chili and soy sauce to taste
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!