Crusty Skirt Steak with Salsa Verde
This grilled skirt steak recipe is a great skirt steak recipe that has a skirt steak marinade or a steak dry rub.
FOR THE STEAK:
- 2 skirt steaks 8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
FOR THE SALSA VERDE:
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Couple cracks of fresh pepper
- Mix the smoked paprika and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Season the steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a generous pinch of dry rub on each side and massage the rub in to the meat. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes with the rub on.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa verde by combing all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Check for seasoning, you may need a touch more lemon to make it really pop.
- Pre-heat a cast grill pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Place the meat in the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes without touching the meat. Flip the meat and let it cook another 2-3 minutes and move it to a clean plate. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes under tin foil. Make sure to slice the steak AGAINST the grain and serve with the salsa verde. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!