Crustless Sweet Corn and Zucchini PieShared by:
This crustless Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pie is so incredibly simple to make and it’s the perfect way to enjoy summer produce!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 4 cups White/grey Zucchini sliced very thinly
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces Mozzarella shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 medium tomato thin sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and saute. Add bell pepper, then corn to the pan and continue to saute until the veggies are soft, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Optionally you don't have to saute at all. This leaves the zucchini a little crunchy and we like that better.
- Once the mixture has cooled for a few minutes, stir in the cilantro, salt, and cheese. Line a pan with parchment paper or just grease a pan with nonstick spray. Transfer the mixture to the pan. Arrange the top so the zucchini slices lay flat and look nice. Top with a little extra cheese for looks, cover with greased foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the top. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices.
We use a mandolin to slice the zucchini and bell pepper and a sharp knife. Baby sweet corn works best. It will bubble up a little bit as it bakes, so put a pan under to catch drips if it’s really full. Also, there was a little extra watery-ness (about 2 tablespoons) in the bottom of my pan when I sliced it, but the pieces held together perfectly so NBD. I think the moisture could be prevented by just being a little more patient before cutting. I sprinkled mine with fresh herbs (parsley and cilantro) like I always do on everything. Basil would also be yummy.
Calories: 247kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 12gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 419mgPotassium: 358mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1224IUVitamin C: 39mgCalcium: 228mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!