Chickpea Salad with Red Onion and TomatoShared by:
A good chickpea salad, that is low-fat and high in protein
- 19 ounces garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 pound cucumber diced
- 1/2 pound Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 pound Celery diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice Freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, red onion, tomatoes, celery, and cilantro,
- Mix the garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Taste then pour over the salad and mix well. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!