Multi-Flavored Banana Based Ice Cream
Ten different flavor options of creamy vegan banana ice cream recipes that you can make at home, with just a few ingredients and a blender!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla
- cashew butter / Peanut butter
- almond butter
- pecans yes! butter pecan ice cream without the butter or cream!
- vegan chocolate chips
- a dab of cinnamon and nutmeg think no-egg or cream eggnog
- cinnamon apple spices
- Blueberries / Blackberries / Raspberries
- Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- Left over blackend banana's work best. Cut them up into pieces and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer for at least 4 hours or better over night.
- Fold in or process additional ingredients, as like fruit. If a more firm texture is desired, re-freeze. You can also use an ice cream machine. It best not to refreeze though.
9 Plus Banana Ice Cream FlavorsChocolate Banana Ice Cream: Use 3 bananas. Add 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract, pinch salt, and 3 tbsp cocoa powder. Mint Chocolate Chip: Use 2 bananas and a pinch of salt. Add 1/8 tsp pure peppermint extract (or more if desired), and stir in chocolate chips or cacao nibs after blending. Optional, blend in a pinch of spirulina or small handful spinach for color and an extra nutrient boost. Peanut Butter: Make the original recipe below, adding 2-3 tbsp peanut butter or another nut butter or allergy-friendly alternative before blending. Cookies’n Cream: Make the original recipe below, adding 2 tbsp coconut butter if desired. After blending, add in a crushed cookie sandwich or Healthy Oreos. (non Vegan) Very Berry: Make the original recipe below, adding 1 cup frozen berries of choice and 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract. Try a bag of frozen Costco berries Strawberry: Use 2 bananas. Blend in 1/2 cup frozen strawberries. Add 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract and optional shake of cinnamon. Pina Colada: Make the original recipe below, using 1/4 cup canned coconut milk as your milk of choice. Blend in 1/2 cup frozen pineapple. Stir in shredded coconut if desired. Vanilla Bean: Use 3 bananas and a pinch of salt. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste. Pistachio: Make the original recipe below, adding 2-3 tbsp pistachio butter and 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract. Sprinkle crushed pistachios on top if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!