Baked BBQ Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
A variation on Buffalo wings, these sticky chicken wings are served with a tangy dip. Serve with a bunch of washed and cut Celery Sticks
- 2 lb chicken wings 900g
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp hot red pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- cup crumbled blue cheese such as Roquefort or Danish blue
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Season the wings with salt and pepper. Process the oil, tomato paste, oregano, brown sugar, shallot, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in a blender until smooth. Combine the wings and sauce in a large self-sealing plastic bag, and coat the wings with the sauce. Let stand at room temperature for no more than 90 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the dip ingredients in a bowl. Serve the chicken wings hot, with the dip on the side, and a bowl to collect the bones.
You can also use Lawry's Dr. Sauce for wings: Chipotle Raspberry, Sweet Onion Teriyaki or Jamaican Jerk are either at the club or available at Grocery Outlet or Amazon.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!