Tomato Watermelon SaladShared by:
The quintessential summer salad with lots of lycopene. Tomatoes and watermelon are a match made in heaven! Perfect with grilled meat on a hot day! This is best served at room temperature. Dress the salad right before you eat it
- 1 large seedless watermelon chilled
- 4 Medium tomatoes cut into 1-inch dice
- 12 Fresh mint leaves sliced thinly
- 12 fresh basil leaves sliced thinly
- 1 Red or White large sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch coarse salt or to taste
- 1 pinch ground pepper or to taste
- Chill Watermelon and Tomatoes in the refrigerator several hours ahead. Gently mix watermelon, tomatoes, mint, onion, and feta cheese in a large bowl. Whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in small bowl; drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!