Asian ColeslawShared by:
"A great twist on cabbage salad. The peanut butter in the dressing is the secret."
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Mirin
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter Optional
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar Optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 carrots julienned
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix the green cabbage, red cabbage, napa cabbage, red bell peppers, carrots, green onions, and cilantro. Toss with the peanut butter mixture just before serving.
You may eliminate the Peanut Butter and use Sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds instead.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!