Jerk-Spiced Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower and Chickpeas
This is so flavorful and so hearty and so ridiculously easy -- especially if you have a good jerk seasoning blend in your pantry (I boosted mine up with extra thyme and coriander and allspice). Also, there's a crazy amount of nutritional value.
- 1/2 cup peanut oil or high temp stable oil
- 1 15oz can can chickpeas rinsed and dried
- 1 lb Brussells Sprouts halved lengthwise
- 4 cups Cauliflower florets about 1 medium whole
- container Jerk Spice from Costco
- 1 tbsp dried thyme finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground allspice
- Add oil and chickpeas to pan or griddle. Careful as they may pop like popcorn (have a lid for safety) ready and cook until browned and slightly crispy, about 5 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and cauliflower, season with salt and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the pan or griddle contents to the oven and roast the vegetables for about 15 minutes, until tender. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of jerk spice mixture and serve right away.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat a roasting pan or griddle to high heat. Mix 1 part store bought jerk spice with 1 part combination of thyme, coriander and allspice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!